Sunday, April 29, 2012

Challenge: Day 5


Truly, it is amazing to me how many challenges I am faced with in my ‘photography challenge’. Weird, right, considering how the title alone should explain the circumstances. I guess, I just did not realize what I was getting myself into. Well, maybe more accurately is that I didn’t acknowledge that I could potentially be confronting such challenges- every day, no excuses.

I want to produce quality pictures. I want them to tell a story, to be shot in manual, to be creative, to be properly exposed, to have a focal point, to be interesting, to provoke emotion, and the list goes on. So each day during this challenge, I truly want to shot a new image. And while photography will certainly be a life long learning adventure- I may just conquer a few fears during these three months! J

Today, my husband and I walked to the local farmers market. The challenge I faced was to do what may be simple to other people. I simply asked individuals if I could take photographs at their booth. You see, I have a hang up on making other people feel uncomfortable or asking things of people if they are not truly necessary. I have struggled with that my entire life- today being no exception.

So, what may seem like a silly little exercise, I stood a little straighter walking out of the market. Fresh strawberries, carrots, oranges, raspberries, blueberries and a few drops in my bucket of confidence. All in all, a wonderful start to my day! 


Cheers!
p.s. I made some changes to my website today- be sure to check it out! :) www.sunnysideupphoto.com 




No comments:

Post a Comment