Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Photo challenge: Day 1


As I began to sit down and really think about how I was going to introduce my next big steps, I some how, once again distracted myself by browsing through Facebook. It is incredible how much time a person can waste/spend reading countless status updates or looking at pictures of a long lost friend. Needless to say, I was wasting time.

Luckily for me, I stumbled upon a quote I love: "It's not about what happened in the past, or what you think might happen in the future. It's about the ride, for Christ's sake. There is no point in going through all this crap, if your are not going to enjoy the ride. And you know what... when you least expect something great might come along. Something better than you even planned for." (Along Came Polly)

Corey, if you are reading this- thanks for sharing. J When we all stop to think about it, some of life’s greatest truths are the clichés we hear too often and sometimes take for granted. I love this quote for the simple ‘as matter of fact’ vibe that it leaves me with; the simplicity in its words, honestly completely sums up the last 4 weeks of my life.

So, here I am, enjoying the ride. It is weird how your big ‘plans’ can end up being nothing other then wasted time. However, at other times it is good just to be thankful that you were brave enough to dream.

To continue with my journey; I have decided to move forward with my love for photography, simply just to see where it takes me. While, it is not a recent infatuation – it is a recent acceptance. An acceptance to allow myself to enjoy the ride, to allow myself to do what I love, to give myself the permission to explore my desire to create quality images; that recreate emotion and spark memories.

So, while this defiantly did not fit into my ‘life plan’- it has managed to surface through and has forever changed my view point.

To further explore my skills as a photographer I have challenged myself to a ‘photo a day’ challenge. A friend and I would like to do this together and conquer 90 days. 90 days, 90 new images. Writing that down will in hopes keep me motivated. J Allison, here we go! Cheers to new adventures.

Today is day 1- whoohooo!

Above and below are photographs of San Francisco- shot last night (4/24/2012) from a park near my home in the city.

Check back tomorrow to see what I’ll have in store for you!

Cheers!

-Renee
p.s. all images are personal- please just e-mail me if you are interested in any of my images. (sunnysideupphoto@gmail.com)

Please feel free to check out my website: www.sunnysideupphoto.com


No comments:

Post a Comment