Thursday, April 26, 2012

Daily Prophet reports: 'WANTED: JIM JONES'


Sometime through out my day at home- I stumbled upon this letter.

‘Meet me at platform 9 ¾ Harry- we will ride the train all the way to Hogsmeade together. We must catch up regarding the summer- oh it’s been ever so dreadful to be away from you this long. Say, did you see this photo in the Daily Prophet? Not quite sure who that character is. Must say I hope he doesn’t think he will run Gryffindor. Anyway, I must go now, mum is ranting about dinner. Loves.’


Ha! I am kidding- sure is fun to dream though. Imagine that- my husband, Jim Jones, a wizard himself; wouldn’t that be the dream? I suppose the closest we may ever get at returning this letter, is visiting Hogwarts at Universal Studios. Or well, maybe we ought to visit Scotland and play in our imaginary castle and just continue to wait for Hagrid or Harry to come to our rescue. At least wait for a week- some may call it ridiculous; I prefer to call it an adventure. I mean, you never know when a dementor may show up. J

Ahh, what a dream!

Now, back to reality. This image was shot down stairs in our basement. You see, yesterday my husband text me inquiring about my willingness to take a photograph of fire. I simply stated ‘as long as you are not trying to set yourself on fire, we have a deal’.

The hours rolled by and inevitably Jim returned from work. There was no exchange in ‘how are you?’. ‘how was your day?’, he simply just wanted to know when we’d be able to begin the shoot.

Not intending to delude his enthusiasm, I took one look outside and it was a serious downpour. Well, alright maybe that is an exaggeration.  But it was enough to not make me want to go out there. Not because I believed I would melt, but to protect the gear that would be used to capture whatever hot idea my husband had.

Immediately Jim explained that we could take the shot down in the basement. ‘No worries’, he said. ‘All I plan to do is set a book on fire while I read it’. My eyes grew wide, but I had already committed to giving his suggestion a good effort.

Well, through several attempts of a contained, indoor fire, and no luck outside of a spark or engulfing flames; we concluded that we would continue this journey another day. However, through this process we were left with this beautiful image of the only man who may be able to give Harry Potter a true run for his wand. J

Cheers! Don’t forget to check out my website- www.sunnysideupphoto.com. Have a great rest of your Thursday folks. See ya back here tomorrow for day #3 of my photo challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment