Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sunny Side Up! Photography

Welcome to Sunny Side Up! Photography- and thank you for visiting!

Let's see- where do we begin? My love for photography began in middle school; you know, those pinhole oatmeal box cameras that you made; then darted to the dark room to develop. Yeah- love at first site! I will never forget my amazement as I witnessed my creation of our school steps come to life. However, that is also the time I grew an intense love for '98 degrees'; luckily, only one of these obsessions sticks with me today.

 It wasn't until on vacation with my family that I took a step back and recognized how enjoyable it really was to capture memories.  My Mom looked at my husband and step-dad and said 'she really should be a photographer, she's always had a camera in her hand'.

My husband smiled and agreed. Since that moment about a year and a half ago, he has been my biggest support- the one who refuses to let me stand in fear and pushed me to explore the option my mom proposed.

So, here I sit- writing in my personal website; something I never dreamed of making public.

I am just a simple girl from Nebraska- living in San Francisco and enjoying my first year of marriage. We live in a small house in the outskirts of the busy city, with our beautiful dog Putzi. (I am holding her in that picture--seriously, isn't she adorable?!)

I am and always will be a husker at heart. For us, it is a way of life- a way to bring people together, a reason to celebrate, a way to learn defeat and a way to be apart of a community in our big sea of red. We make every sacrifice to watch each game. Even scheduling our wedding, a day before the biggest game of the season- just to ensure we'll be in Nebraska to enjoy the festivities! With all that said- GO BIG RED!

I enjoy the simple things- I enjoy capturing memories. Still images that take you back to a precise moment in time. The kind of photo that is just as powerful as a time machine. The ones that make you smile; makes you cry- but most of all, to just make you remember.

Other then that- I enjoy laughing, singing terrible karaoke, traveling, an intense game of Skip-Bo, dancing off beat and the sound of crashing waves.

I hope you enjoy the site- and please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments! Have a great day- and again, thank you! :) Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment