Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 12: pen pal


A scribble letter addressed to my husband stumbled into our mail box last week. I grabbed it, curious as to who was the sender. I smiled when I read that it was from our nephew. The simple single page letter came with colored in stars and a few paragraphs. A young, curious Cameron asked questions about our lives in the bay area, including questions regarding the 49ers and Giants.

Jim smiled, put the letter on the fridge and became wide eyed when he talked about writing back his new pen pal. He discussed all of the information he could tell Cameron- things about his work, his hobbies, and mostly about the Giants baseball team.

Tonight, Jim and I visited A T & T park to give Cameron a little piece of the San Francisco Giants. As I glanced through the images- Jim thoughtfully wrote his letter to his nephew and of course- attempted to turn him into a Giants fan.

Take a look at the images that will soon be delivered to Cameron's mailbox- along side a simple single paper- from a very grateful uncle.

I hope you find some time to do something simple for someone you love- you may just make someone's day and give them a memory they will never forget.

Until tomorrow...Cheers! :)










**all images are personal. (Renee Jones- 2012)  www.sunnysideupphoto.com, sunnysideupphoto@gmail.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment